Science Solutions are recruiting for Manufacturing Manager for an industry leading client based in Welshpool for a Manufacturing Manager. They are looking for someone to manage the day-to-day manufacturing facility to maintain the best possible levels of machinery, manpower efficiency, safety, quality and delivery performance.
- Plan, schedule and manage day-to-day production activities, complying with BSI & Company standards and procedures.
- Manage the use of raw materials, maximising the efficiency of raw materials.
- Maintain and develop regular contact with customers and internal planning departments regarding orders and deliveries against plan.
- Management of stock levels to ensure the optimal balance of raw materials stock, and submitting accurate data to ERP systems.
- Be responsible for all staff training and human resources issues.
- Identify and recommend areas for general operational improvement, or staff training.
- Ensure safe working practices are in place and adhered to, and monitor compliance with all Health and Safety procedures.
- Formalise and develop standard operating procedures where necessary both from a systems and manufacturing perspective.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience as a Manufacturing Manager/Supervisor or Production Manager/Supervisor.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage personnel.
- High level of PC literacy: spreadsheets, word processing, PC based manufacturing systems
- A good understanding of modern manufacturing systems - especially batch centred
- A good understanding of modern manufacturing techniques (5S, VA/VE, Kaizen, SMED, TPM, TPS, JIT, Muda)
- Manufacturing Manager
- Production Manager
- Manufacturing Supervisor