Safety is paramount in the Aerospace & Defence industry and AmSafe are the unrivalled world-leading manufacturing business providing cutting-edge solutions to clients such as Airbus, Boeing and the UK MOD. Producing critical equipment such as engineered textiles for safety equipment and bespoke restraints, they’re currently looking for a Manufacturing Manager to lead their expanding team.
What started as a small family run business has seen immense growth and now operate an £80 million turnover with multiple sites worldwide. This role will suit an experienced Manager within a Production/Manufacturing environment who is ambitious and looking for an empowered opportunity to grow with this award-winning company.
As the next Manufacturing Manager with 3 direct reports (65 indirect employees), you’re responsible for delivering these crucial products by:
- Managing the day to day manufacturing processes and ensuring all production progress is delivered on-time
- Identifying & implementing new processes with the focus on improving key areas such as quality, cost, reducing waste and production targets
- Managing & developing your team to utilise and play to individual strengths
- Closely managing budgets and measuring against the on-time delivery of manufactured products
As the successful candidate you’ll have:
- Previous experience within a similar role that focuses on continuous improvement & lean manufacturing within a process disciplined environment
- Proven success in implementing change to maximise productivity and minimise waste
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to communicate with people across all levels of the business
- Strong leadership skills with previous experience of managing a medium-sized team
- Sound knowledge of the appropriate Health & Safety regulations
This global producer is tucked away in the market town of Bridport in the heart of the Dorset countryside only a 10-min drive from the coast. This quaint town away from hustle and bustle is a fitting backdrop to the unique nature of this innovative business requiring space to design, create and build and is commutable from Dorchester (30mins), Yeovil & Weymouth (45mins) and even Exeter, Exmouth & Taunton with a typical 1-hour drivetime.
Are you ready for a new challenge within a lean environment that won’t ever settle for second best? Are you looking for the opportunity to be heard and contribute to changes and processes where red tape is a thing of the past? To find out more about this company whose meritocratic environment has acted as a spring-board internally for many of the senior management team and to be considered for this Manufacturing role, contact Helen from Rubicon now!
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate’s details or share them with a third party without obtaining their permission first.
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean Manufacturing
- Process Improvement
- Production Management
- Six Sigma
- Manufacturing Manager
- H & S
- Aerospace and Defence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job