Manufacturing Manager Urgently Required
Contract Length: Permanent
Rate: Dependent on experience
An opening has arisen for Manufacturing Manager to start with an automotive manufacturer in the Wiltshire area. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of automotive production and assembly equipment.
Day to day duties include:
- Managing a dedicated team of mechanical and electrical engineers
- Engaging in the manufacture, assembly and installation of automotive production and assembly equipment
- Teams will be responsible for robot welding cells, sealer application cells, vision inspection systems and bespoke powertrain equipment
- Section management including work priority setting, overtime management, manpower efficiency tracking, appraisal and training
- Reporting performance weekly and monthly
- Managing standard controls and development
- Conducting quality, cost and delivery control by project
- Overseeing quality target achievement and cost tracking and control
- Ensuring scheduled progress to target
The successful candidate MUST have:
- Minimum HNC/HND or NVQ level 4 in mechanical discipline
- Proven track record in manufacturing/production environment with a minimum 3 years experience in man management
- Experience with the following: weld jig and tooling manufacturing, measurement systems, welding techniques, robot system set up and programming, vision system teaching, equipment service install, sealer systems programming, machine shop processes, safety systems
- Project management skills including cost estimation, parts control, assembly and installation planning, manpower resource management, shipping and buyoff protocols and technical file construction
- Automotive experience
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Daniel Hurley or John Smith onor alternatively email
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group's "Recommendation Scheme": If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job