Manufacturing Engineering Manager
£35,000 - £40,000
A great opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join a rapidly growing manufacturing business in Bolton. As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be working for an innovative design and manufacturing business who design and manufacture high volume consumer products.
Manufacturing Engineering is a vital part of the production setup, defining, planning and delivering production processes (including packaging and handling) that are capable of outputting the required volume of product to high quality levels efficiently and at optimised cost. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will lead his/her team, working with supply chain, product development and across the business to ensure quality products and components meeting clearly defined standards are supplied to the production process.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead all manufacturing engineering, encompassing capital and process development projects, providing technical knowledge to aid the team.
- Work with the development departments and be a key contributor to the product delivery process, ensuring manufacturing aspects are considered at an early stage and pulling new products through to manufacture.
- Engage in and instigate continuous improvement activities to improve quality and efficiency of our manufactured products
- Determine and implement suitable test process to ensure functionality and quality of the product is maintained and improved upon
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and improvement of production lines, managing contractors and ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to Implement and manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Ensure BOM accuracy to enable the production process to produce the correct variant and the right time.
- Aid in the creation of the overall work flow and build operations.
- Identify improvements to the builds that drive ease of assembly, improve quality, reduce cost and drive business efficiencies
- Ability to collate, digest and present data effectively to aid in Continuous Improvement Programs
- Managing a team of 4
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications Or equivalent Electronics Degree
- In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and Lean Manufacturing techniques. Six Sigma desirable
- Enthusiasm for the job with a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD
If you are looking for a new challenge please apply or send me CV directly to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'