Our client is an established electronics manufacturing business that is looking for an experienced engineer to join their team. This role will involve working to help clear order backlogs along with identifying improvements and updates to SOP’s.
Long term this role will focus on New Product Introduction along with getting involved with developing test processes. We are also looking for an engineer with a keen interest in continuous improvement.
- To ensure that the tools, assets and documentation that support manufacturing output are accurate, available and up to date.
- To support the production teams to achieve maximum productivity and output without compromising health, safety, environmental, quality, cost and delivery performance
- Identify and manage projects within manufacturing that will support improved output, quality or reduce cost to manufacture
- Provide day to day technical support to all areas of production
- Optimise shop floor capacity in line with business requirements
- To develop, maintain and improve production documentation (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Efficiently resolve any Line Stop issues
- Support the materials control function in assessing the suitability of alternative parts
- Achieve 15% reduction in scrap from manufacturing processes
- Investigate and make recommendations against non-conforming components
- Troubleshoot returned product within RMA process
- Develop SOPS and train production staff on new products
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing / production engineering
- An engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in lean manufacturing methodologies
- Extensive experience with MS office suite, SolidWorks® desirable
- Experience of sensor manufacturing and calibration would be a significant advantage
- Good communication skills
- Experience in the creation of assembly drawings and documentation for Standard Operating Procedures
If this role sounds of interest, please click apply now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Keywords: manufacturing, production, engineering, manufacturing engineer, production engineer, lean, electronics,
- Continuous Improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'