Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are delighted to be working with a Sheffield based engineering business as they look to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer.
To provide manufacturing engineering capability to ensure that new products and processes are introduced in an effective and timely manner to cost and timescale targets. To ensure effective business operation through the identification and implementation of best practice and new technologies.
- To manage New Product Introduction from Contract Review through to successful FAIR and effective transition into production. This is to include, but is not limited to:
- Creation of detailed manufacturing launch plans identifying all key activities and milestones to ensure the effective introduction of new products and processes;
- Communication with all relevant departments and personnel within the business to ensure that project requirements are understood and suitable resource is allocated to meet those requirements;
- Communication with customers and suppliers with regard to all engineering and technical matters;
- Training and 'hands on' assistance of operations personnel throughout the development process as and when required.
- To take responsibility for Process Planning through the:
- Bills of Material and Routings within the EFACS system;
- Calculation and allocation of Standard Hour content within Routings to facilitate monitoring of Operational efficiency, accurate capacity planning and support of financial and commercial processes;
- Identification of the requirements for Tooling, Data Cards, Manufacturing Stage Drawings, CNC programs, CMM programs, Technique Sheets etc. and communication of these requirements to the relevant personnel to ensure that they are available when required at the point of use;
- Coordination of the approval of process planning through the relevant signatories;
- Preparation and submission of relevant documentation where customer approval of initial process planning or amendments to process planning are required;
- To ensure that all methods of manufacture meet the latest customer specifications and requirements.
- To lead Engineering Change and Document Control:
- The assessment of changes to Customer or third party technical requirements including drawings, specifications etc. to identify any impacts to the business.
- Communication of change through relevant departments within the business to ensure all of the required activities are identified, planned and executed.
- Control and release of technical documentation to manufacturing to ensure that it is available at the point of use when required.
- To support the Sales Department in the acquisition of new business through the preparation of cost estimates including standard hour content, material content, tooling and engineering resource requirements.
- To support the Capital Investment process through identification, justification and introduction of new equipment through to achievement of identified benefits.
- To provide support to Operations to ensure that the business plan and customer requirements are met.
- To identify and assess new technologies which could be applied in order to give the business a competitive advantage.
- Identification and resolution of engineering-related problems through effective Root Cause Analysis and Root Cause Corrective Action.
- To conduct health and safety risk assessments and accident investigations promptly where engineering input is required, taking action where appropriate to address any areas of concern.
- To lead engineering-related projects which are identified as being key to the improvement of business performance.
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
- To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisation's competencies and the expectations for the role through:
- Complying with organisational policies, procedures and working practices;
- Attending and leading meetings as necessary for the delivery of organisational and personal objectives;
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.
Skills, Experience and Education:
At least 5 years' experience in similar industry (Aerospace or Automotive)
Minimum HND/HNC in Manufacturing or Production Engineering.
Green belt, black belt or other recognised lean manufacturing training
Knowledge of engineering IT systems
The company offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package as well as a personal development plan agreed with your managers.
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
- Manufacturing Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'