Job Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: Upon Application
Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in join their business in Barnstaple. You will need to have a strong background in a manufacturing or production environment with significant experience in machining or mechanical assembly coupled with a Degree or HND in a relevant discipline. You will need to have a proven understanding of Lean Principles and have experience of CAM programming - Edge-cam, Inventor and Autocad. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join a growing engineering company in a key role.
The main aim of the Manufacturing Engineer is to support manufacturing delivering measurable improvements throughout the business. To drive productivity improvements through the provision of comprehensive information, documentation, tooling, technical development and support to the Manufacturing Value Streams, enabling processes to operate at optimum efficiency's. Deploying Lean methods and best technical practice to continuously improve performance and Customer service and to incorporate new or modified product requirements. Identification and justification of production related capital requirements and investment to support the division strategy. Duties are wide ranging and will include:
- Lead productivity improvement events to deliver performance step change.
- Carry out layered audits to sustain the benefits of productivity improvement programmes.
- Champion Lean principles to identify and implement process and product improvements to deliver exceptional Business performance.
- Provide process and product engineering development and support to the manufacturing Value Streams, to deliver exceptional Business performance.
- Provide all of the resources required by the Manufacturing Professionals to meet Customer demand and operate the manufacturing processes at optimum efficiency.
- To ensure that the Manufacturing Engineering Function provides all necessary documentation, information and tools to the manufacturing team to enable them to deliver exceptional Customer Service.
- Enable High Performance Team projects, providing technical and professional lead to cross functional teams to deliver significant Business benefit.
- Carry out layered audits to sustain the benefits of Lean programmes.
- Degree or equivalent experience in an applied engineering discipline.
- Proven understanding and implementation of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-in-Time, Heijunka, Andon, Single Piece Flow, Five S's, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Kaizen, SMED
- At least 5 years industry experience in machining or mechanical assembly
- Proven understanding and awareness of new cutting tool technologies
- CAM programming - Edge-cam, Inventor and Auto-cad experience.
- Customer focused approach to delivering solutions to the Business
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Attention to detail in providing comprehensive and accurate reporting of data, utilising data analysis techniques to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Intermediate level skill with MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
If you have the required experience and would like to apply for this position, then please contact Sarah Radford at Cordant People on .
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job