Our clients Vision is to be the Creative Driving Force in Global Architectural Lighting so they don’t just design and manufacture specialist LED Lighting systems they bring light to life by creating amazing effects in every one of their applications.
They do this by working with many of the world's top lighting designers and work on some of the world’s most iconic and prestigious projects, including the world's tallest building, Burj Tower, the Atlantis Hotel, Dubai, along with many fantastically visionary clients!
Now part of the Zumtobel Group they have massive opportunities to grow their brand globally and this role is a vital part of their vision and growth strategy.
Our vision will only be achieved by having great people and they have a unique culture supported by their values so they recruit people with these values and invest in the development of their people.
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Barrowford, Lancashire (Commutable from Burnley, Blackburn, Manchester and surrounding areas)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5pm
Salary: circa £40k per annum
About the role:
They are currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to effectively support the product development process by providing practical engineering input through the phases of pre and post production and identify improvements in the manufacturing process to reduce cost and improve manufacturing efficiency. A flexible and adaptable engineer with excellent analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and engage with teams across all functions this is an exciting opportunity to work in an ever-changing environment.
- Apply lean manufacturing methods to review and refine existing manufacturing processes
- Work ERP system to implement changes to bills of materials and assembly routings
- Assist the design and development of new products, including production readiness and implementing assembly plans
- Assist the design of production jigs and fixtures that contribute to productivity improvements
- Manage feasibility, prioritisation and implementation of engineering change via the ECR process
- Work closely with Operational Value Stream to manage and implement 'cost out' and 'value added' engineering improvement projects
- Contribute to engineering process review, refinement and efficiency improvements
- Work with project management teams and functions to enable effective changes in manufacturing
- Contribute to lean manufacturing projects, 5’s, Kaizen events
- Engineering apprenticeship with mechanical bias and a minimum of 5 years' experience working in an engineering role
- Project management skills
- Change Control Experience
- Experience of Lean manufacturing
- Experience of 3D CAD (Solid-works ideally)
- Proficient with MS office software
- Experience of medium volume, high mix assembly production plant
- HNC / D or degree preferable but not essential
You may have experience of the following: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing, 3D CAD, Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Process
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job