Project manage the successful integration of all new manufacturing processes and equipment. Drive waste out of all manufacturing processes through the implementation of lean principles and the application of appropriate equipment. Utilise engineering principles and methodology to create effective and efficient manufacturing systems across all areas of manufacture on the site.
Our client are part of a global group based in Bridgend.
Some responsibilities as Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Critically assess capabilities of the current manufacturing processes for potential improvement.
- Create effective plans to ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Provide data/fact based analysis of the current state for management review.
Provide future/proposed state solutions and plans for management review.
Liaise with all appropriate internal and external parties to deliver improvement projects.
Develop measurements/reports post implementation to ensure expected outcomes are realised.
Provide the focal point for all project related communications and activity.
Engage with operators to develop understanding and buy in for improvement activity goals.
Provide creative solutions/alternatives in order to overcome any issues.
Apply problem solving tools and techniques when/where required.
Design, develop and justify investment in new capital equipment.
Design and maintenance of tooling/jigs/fixtures as and when required.
To work within the company management system, processes and procedures, so as to be fully compliant with all standards, legislation, governance and specifications.
To ensure the strategic direction, quality, environmental, health and safety policies are understood and where required the objectives, targets and key performance indicators are measured, evaluated and reported to demonstrate continuous improvement of the management system.
To be considered the Manufacturing Engineer will be able to demonstrate:
- Ideally a time served Engineering or Tool making Apprenticeship.
- Degree qualified highly desirable.
- Varied industrial experience in process improvement / industrial engineering in bespoke manufacturing environments.
- Highly self-motivated, performance and results driven.
- High levels of intellect and initiative, a problem solver and solution provider.
- Strong and determined individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player, a team builder, a persuader, a change agent, a winner.
Circa £45,000, pension, life assurance, flexi benefits, 25 days holiday.
- project management
- process engineering
- manufacturing engineer
- Tool and Jig Desig