Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Type: Full time permanent
Location: Winnersh, Berkshire
Benefits: Excellent base salary + 25 days hols + contributory pension
The Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading and providing a high level of technical expertise in sustaining the current range of International Infusion products. The role focuses on meeting customer and business expectations for safety, quality, delivery and cost through the execution of projects and activities covering problem definition, solution and engineering change of product designs or manufacturing processes. They will help to develop and employ best practice in delivering projects from initiation to verification of effectiveness.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To support the contract manufacturing strategy, development and ongoing continuation of a manufacturing engineering function capable of developing and sustaining high performance products, processes and systems.
- To support resolution and solution implementation of component obsolescence issues.
- Coordinate and participate in electronic engineering projects, including contract manufacturing implementation, regulatory compliance, EMC testing and other third party activities.
- Coordinate and secure alignment across business functions, and with contract manufacturers, for implementation of engineering change.
- Configuration management of Electrical / Electronic engineering change documentation, in accordance with BD Quality Management System requirements.
- Embrace the key philosophies of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and poke-yoke.
Key Performance Measures:
- To support and implement resolution of component obsolescence issues, and configuration management of change for implementation into manufacturing
- To participate in on-going product enhancements to improve manufacturability and performance improvements.
- To assist with defining test documentation for all test equipment and testing methods, taking account of general and health and safety regulation requirements.
- To assist with the process of ensuring that adequate design controls and processes have been implemented and utilised in the design and release of the products and services for manufacturing and subsequent shipment to customers
- Be aware of and adhere to internal procedures and processes for the design, test and validation of subassemblies and products.
- To assist the customer service function in order to ensure engineering changes are implemented in a manner that ensures continuity of customer spares and support.
- To participate in the introduction of new and updated products, providing electrical / electronic manufacturing process guidance.
- Support the on-going compliance with the UK Department of Health GMP and its subsequent replacement by the requirements of EC Quality Systems, Medical standards and Directives, IEC, EN BS9000, IEC 60601-2-24 and all associated quality system requirements, both internal and external.
To be successful, you will have demonstrable problem solving skills and be results oriented. You should be comfortable working independently and within a team environment. This role would suit someone (m/f) who is drive, has passion to make a difference to healthcare and has excellent communication skills whilst being a relationship builder. Being focused, collaborative and self-motivated is key.
- Degree or HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of PCBA production and manufacturing of Electromechanical products
- Proven ability in planning, organising and taking the lead in cross functional project teams
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma would be highly advantageous
The position is office-based. There will be some national & international travel from time to time requiring overnight stays and time away from home for up to 5 working days per trip.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
- PCB design
- BOM creation