* Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques: Value Stream Mapping, Bottleneck Management, SMED, 5S + 1 & internal/external auditing processes
* Proactively investigate, define, propose and deliver 'Continuous Improvements' related to all manufacturing & office processes
* Provide continuous assessment, and implementation (where possible) of the latest manufacturing practices to support the progress of the company
* Be operationally aware of process waste and actively seek solutions with relationship to cost saving projects
* Define manufacturing and assembly processes of internally manufactured products and, where applicable, the associated external supply chain supply processes
* Provide support for the concept, design, manufacture and implementation of jigs, fixtures and tooling
* Assist in new product introduction & all associated processes and delivery targets, to include: SOP & work instructions, & operational procedures awareness.
* Produce process routings to meet customer specifications working closely with planning & production.
* Management of Production System(s) (Process SOPs, CNC Programmes) to ensure integrity is maintained.
* Maintain a suitable level of network capability with support teams (Planning, Production, and Quality) to ensure that operational support is given and project goals are met
* Organising and recording the service and maintenance for all plant (TPM)
* Undertake requirements for: Risk Assessments, ISO14001 & all environmental issues as per internal & external audits & weekly safety check lists
MONITORS, RECORD KEEPING & DOCUMENTATION
* Radar Charts (5S + 1)
* Graphic Running Totals, Monthly monitors and related scoring (5S + 1)
* Updating all related notice boards with KPI monitors.
* Performance outputs: Q, C, D, S, & P set to business performance req's
* On Time Delivery monitoring & metrics updating
* Continuous Improvement projects
* Management of Maintenance and service records
* Producing SOP's & work instructions for all processes
* Reviewing: SOP's, work instructions, and business related documentation both electronically & hard copy
Ref: ISO9001 & 14001, AS9100 Quality Management Systems
* Ability to prepare related documentation for pre-audit checking
* Electronic record keeping for both Internal & External audits
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
* 5+ years previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or similar role
* Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques: Value Stream Mapping, Bottleneck Management, SMED, 6S & internal/external auditing processes
* Must have a "hands on approach" and run continuous improvement projects in tandem
* Ability to Multi-task
* Analytical and creative thinker - This means you can operate on your own initiative but also contribute as a team member working with engineers from various disciplines
* Strong work ethic
* Team player and ability to influence
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
Contact: Andy Cox
- Manufacturing Engineer
- and Quality
- Production System(s)