£DOE Basic Salary + Training + Very Competitive Package
My client is a world leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Manufacturing Engineer, based near Burton-up-Trent.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will report directly to the Lean Facilitator. You will be part of my clients Operations team. The successful candidate will have an engineering background and a ‘hands on, can do’ approach in bringing projects from concept through to production both individually and as part of a team.
- Review and resolve daily technical production issues.
- Define root causes and implement short and long term solutions.
- Apply Lean tools for maximum efficiency and cost reduction on all manufacturing processes.
- Champion Design for Manufacture at all opportunities whilst liaising with Design Engineers, Sales teams and Project Managers.
- Support all departments on ‘voice of the customer’ and any return activities.
- Utilise and train others in the use of ‘5 whys’, Fishbone and 8D tools.
- Implement Poke-Yoke into manufacturing process and future projects.
- Identify and implement standard operations and user friendly work instructions.
- Work with and support correction of errors in the current and future documentation systems.
- Champion and support all requests to populate or use information from the MRP system
- Create presentation to provide data for ‘Make or Buy’ decisions, on equipment, materials and services.
- Evaluate key equipment and define correct usage parameters.
- Assist in DFMEA / PFMEA on new and existing designs.
- Perform Time Studies.
- Use SMED projects to reduce change over times.
- Perform Value Stream Maps and define future state cells and flow.
- Plan cost for CAPEX and manage new layouts.
- Apply SPC on key processes.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Capable of defining, and controlling projects
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- A knowledge of Lean manufacturing would be a distinct advantageous
- Working knowledge of Calendaring, Curing, moulding assembly of rubber products is an advantage but not a necessity. However, previous experience must encompasses supporting manufacturing equipment.
- Must have experience of writing operator based instruction eg process spec, SOP’s / VAI’s
- Minimum requirement HNC Manufacturing engineering
- Ability to travel, UK and abroad
- Valid Driving Licence
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.
Keyword search: Manufacturing / Engineer / SOP / Sales / Design / Engineer / CAPEX / Mechanical / Poke-Yoke / SPC / DFMEA / 5 whys / 8D / Lean / Manufacturing Engineer / Project