Based: Bristol area.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Following on from a major restructure of the Engineering department there is now an opportunity for an experienced cell manufacturing engineer to join the team.
A global leaders in the manufacturing and distribution of specialist systems has an opening within its Bristol/ North Somerset facility.
A experienced Manufacturing Systems Lead is required to join the team in Bristol. Working within a fast paced, friendly environment. The purpose of this role is to own the manufacturing system from cradle to grave and tolead, manage and coordinate the supporting cell manufacturing engineers to achieve asafe, sustainable and lean interlinked production system in a continuous improvementenvironment to deliver our products on time to standard and within budget.
- To own the manufacturing system within the allocated manufacturing cell
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of thesafe and LEAN processes for existing and new products to ensure operations on time tostandard and within budget within the allocated manufacturing cell.
- To implement, own and continuously improve the manufacturing cell's LEANmanufacturing processes according the guidelines of the Vacuum Technique ProductionSystem
- Documented and traceable processes for the allocated manufacturing Cell in complianceto our current regulations in terms of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001
- Active training process, procedures, documentation and traceability to create and sustainthe workforce competences within the allocated manufacturing cell
- Ownership and accountability to resolve or support any non-conformity, internal orexternal, impacting the manufacturing process of the allocated cell
- Elimination of routing and material variances impacting financial results of Productcompany
- Validated designs for manufacturing with accurate BOM
Essential minimum requirement:
- - Experience in a low volume, high variety electro-mechanical Manufacturing Operationalrole
- Experience of working within an assembly environment
- Use of risk mitigation tools to control risks within processes and prioritise risk to bemitigated
- Relevant experience in implementing the principles of lean manufacturing
- Project management experience including implementation of complex and technicallychallenging projects
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturingenvironment
- Experience in optimising production processes as well as providing production supportand training.
- Design for manufacture knowledge
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 8D, 6S problemsolving, product responsibility, continuous improvement process.
- Competitive salary (negotiable; dependant on experience)
- Bonus scheme
- Paid overtime
- 33 days Paid holiday
- Ongoing training
- Career progression prospects
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme up to 6%
Procurment, procurement engineer, procurement adminstrater, procurement specialist, procumement manager, buyer, purchasing
If you live within the above areas and are interested in this role please apply or contact (url removed)  directly.
Pertemps Network Group operates as both an employment agency and employment business as originally defined in the Employment Agencies Act 1973 as amended by the Employment Relations Act 1999. Pertemps is one of the largest independently owned recruitment agencies in the UK - the power of a national with the personality of a local independent
The Permanent Recruitment Hub Bristol is within The Pertemps Bristol Branch which has been established since 1980 successfully finding jobs for people and people for jobs. Supplying permanent staff to clients large and small, across the Engineering sector: FMCG, Manufacturing, Service Sector, Plant & Construction. Covering the whole of the Bristol area as well as North, South, East and West Somerset, North Bristol, South Gloucestershire and Bath. Our experienced and professionally qualified team of specialist consultants are here to help.
We are committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity within our policies, practices and procedures. We are also committed to promoting equality and diversity in Pertemps Network Group. This applies to our professional dealings with clients, staff and directors and third parties.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job