Our Medway based client are looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their busy manufacturing site.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager your role will be to lead the company improvement program and interface with customers and will involve travelling to relevant customers as required - some international travel.
- Evaluating manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs
- Improving manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Providing manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Preparing product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Providing manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintaining product and company reputation by complying with government regulations, customer specification and quality standards.
- Supporting the manufacturing teams with hands on applications and development.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Supporting and leading problem solving teams.
- Specialist project as required
You will have:
- Ideally educated to degree level in a related subject
- Either qualified or committed to working towards lean six sigma green belt
- Experience in a manufacturing / engineering / industrial environment - Aerospace sector experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of AS9100 & ISO9001 quality systems
- 8D implementation and knowledge of supporting tools and techniques
- Auditing skills and performing assessments
- Knowledge and understanding of NADCAP
- Implementation of a continuous improvement program.
- Customer facing communication and collaboration.
If you have the the required skills and experience please apply attaching your CV for the attention of Gemma Edwards
- process improvement