The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for all electronic manufacturing and production activities for the Alton facility. He/She will apply lean manufacturing techniques to maximise efficiencies and improve product quality. He/She will draw on the Group’s production engineering capabilities, experience and resources to ensure new and existing products are manufactured repeatedly to an exceptionally high standard and in accordance with the specifications and compliant certification standards. The Manufacturing Engineer will assume responsibility for the production Supervision and the Production/Assembly staff. The position of Manufacturing Engineer will require a detailed and critical approach to current work practices and a
To plan, organize and control production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard.
Evaluate, develop and improve existing, manufacturing methods.
Establish the processes and routings of all existing and new products.
Study and record the performance of all manufacturing operations to establish standard production rates and efficiencies.
Perform engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements and related specifications.
Analyse and plan the work force utilisation, factory space requirements, workflow equipment layout and workspace for maximum efficiency.
Performs product and process analysis for cost reduction, quality and efficiency improvements
Represents manufacturing on cross functional teams
Functional Requirements include the following:
1. Manage the production planning process and determine the human resources and material requirements to achieve the production plan.
2. To develop and implement standard operating procedures for production operations and ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered. (HSE, Quality and Production Processes)
3. The control and co-ordination of manufacturing engineering resources including external contractors
4. Manage, control and distribute Product documentation to Production including BOMs, assembly instructions.
5. Manage Product changes, issue and audit Design Changes Register (DCRs)’s to production, contractors and suppliers.
6. Liaise with suppliers and contractors regarding all technical and mechanical aspects of company products
7. Be responsible for resolving technical problems in production;
8. Act as the production focal point on all matters concerning manufacturing.
9. Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulae and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards;
10. Inspects test equipment to verify equipment functions according to standards, maintain the equipment calibration register
11. Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality
12. Reads, prepares, collects and maintains reports such as individual and department production reports, test results and product waste reports;
13. Participates with management personnel in establishing procedures for testing;
14. Directs and coordinates any investigation of complaint concerning defective products;
15. Manages and actively resolves all assigned Corrective Action Requests or non-conforming (NCR) products
16. Maintains and awareness and reviews legislative developments in manufacturing that may have implications on the company's manufacturing activities.
17. Manage the compilation of assembly instructions, mechanical drawings, Bills of Materials and test procedures for new and existing products;
18. Liaise with the Senior Hardware/Software Engineer and production supervisor in the development of testing schedules and test jigs making sure all products are fully tested for their intended use;
19. Make suggestions for continuous improvements in all aspects of Production Engineering and Lead Kaizen continuous improvement initiatives
Supervisory Responsibilities This position has responsibility for the following:
1. HND/HNC in Manufacturing, Production, or Mechanical engineering or equivalent
2. Proven 3 to 5 years experience in a Production Engineering environment and Lean manufacturing techniques
3. Experience in the Electronic Fire Industry would be ideal but not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job