Job: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
Salary: £30-35k + benefits
A unique opportunity has arisen for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join a successful company based in Stroud.
My client is a market-leader in their field, producing sub-contract manufacturing services to customers in several key sectors - including aerospace, medical, automotive and marine.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will enjoy working cross-functionally with design, manufacturing engineering and quality teams - and can hold your own with demanding customers. You will also have a personable character and work well as part of a team culture.
The Manufacturing Engineer will:
- Interpret customer drawings and bills of material, engineering the processes and documentation for manufacture and solving problems encountered by production.
- Attend Contract Reviews for any new business or jobs of high complexity or significant volume.
- Project manage new designs and prototypes.
- Complete First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) as required by Customers.
- Provide engineering design and advice where required to ensure best methods and practice are followed.
- Provide information to enable quotations to be given to Customers by required dates.
- Liaise with Customers and Sales as part of quotation and design processes, as well as facilitating the provision of clear direction and information to the production teams to enable understanding of requirements and expectations.
- Identify and implement process improvements as necessary.
- Design jigs and fixtures as required.
- Ensure that all elements of AS9100 processes and procedures, applicable to engineering, are adhered to.
You will ideally have the following skills / experience:
- Educated to Degree / HND level in engineering discipline
- Experience in AutoCAD, SolidWorks or other drawing packages of a similar type.
- Panel wiring/harnesses/cable assembly experience.
- Familiarity with crimping and soldering processes.
- Interpretation of schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply with an updated CV as soon as possible.
Premier are acting as an employment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job