Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of products for a variety of industries. There is now a requirement for a Manufacturing / Project Engineer to join their team in Peterlee on a permanent basis.
The Engineer will be responsible for improving and developing the company’s manufacturing process.
- Work as part of a team to introduce new products to make improvements
- Meet with suppliers
- Evaluate the company’s manufacturing methods, processes, tooling and equipment
- Produce reports on the predicted and actual productivity results
- Investigate non-conformances and implement actions to prevent them
- Attend design meetings, if required, for NPI
- Responsible for progressing materials and components to ensure production flow
- Establish and maintain procedures in accordance with ISO 9000 and the company policy
- Maintain health and safety procedures
- Liaise with the Administration Manager to ensure that employees are trained
- Assure product press capabilities, ensuring products meet the company’s standards
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering subject
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Knowledge of assembly production
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Excellent communication skills
In return, the company are offering an excellent salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.