Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Located on the North Wales / Cheshire border, Broughton is the largest Airbus plant in the UK and home to more than 6,000 employees, Broughton focuses primarily on the manufacture of wings for the Airbus family of aircraft, but also houses Engineering and support functions such as Procurement and Finance.
A vacancy has arisen at Airbus Broughton for the position of Manufacturing Engineer - NC Programming.
You will be responsible for the design and development of Numerical Control Programs when applied in Manufacturing, Simulating and Testing, used for CNC machines 2.5, 3 or 5 axis or robots. Optimising and implementing Numerical Control Programs in order to follow and continuously improve the processes.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Task & accountabilities :
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Define NC Programs according to the Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering specifications.
- Support jigs and tools specification, making numerical simulations, validating and optimising NC Programs.
- Develop, test and integrate the NC Program in the distribution system (DNC) or on the machine under the supervision of the Production line.
- Participate to the demonstration test with Work Preparation, Quality and Production.
- Programming software.
- Manufacturing feedback.
This role may involve some travel for business, and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Required skills :
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Engineering or alternatively extensive relevant engineering experience and a commitment to work towards an engineering degree.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines/ time constraints.
- Strong experience in Manufacturing and/or production.
- Ability to take and act as a driving force.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of manufacturing Engineering, Design and other Business Information Systems.
- Good working knowledge of aircraft production engineering methods and procedures.
- Understanding of relationships and interactions with other Manufacturing engineering and business functions.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise to consider your request.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 11th December 2019
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'