Manufacturing Engineer (Extrusion / Moulding)
Intersurgical is a thriving innovative medical manufacturing company and a world leader in providing plastic disposable products for the respiratory care business.
Position: Manufacturing Engineer (Extrusion / Moulding)
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Commutable from Bracknell, Reading, Maidenhead & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £40k to 50k per annum
Closing date for applications: 1st July, 2019
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer – Extrusion / Moulding to join our thriving UK medical manufacturing company to work within our expanding Production Department.
We are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer – Extrusion / Moulding who will be responsible for leading and project managing the new extrusion processes taking into production from concept as well as managing the polymer processing projects, which could be Blow Moulding, Blow Film or Injection Moulding.
The successful candidate will work within the team of Polymer Processing Specialists (within the group facilities) enabling all new and existing Machine / Processes are accepted through the Validation protocols as recognised by the FDA across the manufacturing sites of Wokingham, Guernsey, Lithuania and China.
This role does require extensive travelling abroad (could be up to 50%).
- Contribute to the specification and acceptance of all new Extrusion Machines and downstream equipment into Production on behalf of the Manufacturing and Technical Departments.
- Evaluate local suppliers, accept and install new Machines and Processes into the new manufacturing facility (China).
- Provide help, support, training and guidance for the new staff and to also provide technical guidance for the design of the new facility.
- Have a hands on approach to participation of a variety of projects from Material trials to Optimisation and Validation.
• Qualification or degree in Formal Extrusion Skills
• Experience Project managing
• Experience of Tube extrusion profile processing skills
• Experience with New product introduction
• Experience of Process Optimisation
• Technical Training and Presentation skills
• Experience of Machine Specification
• Polymer Technology
• Qualification or degree in Engineering
• Experience with Injection Moulding and Blow Moulding
• Experience with Medical Device Manufacturing (GMP, ISO 9001/13485/14001)
• Experience with Validation procedure and protocols (DOE, SPC)
• Good communication
• Able to work to deadlines
• Able to multitask and prioritise workload
• Able to make decisions and self manage
• Able to work in a team and on own initiative
• Able to function effectively across a number of interrelated departments
• Flexibility to work additional hours if required to support the facility
You may have experience of the following: Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing, Extrusion, Tube Extrusion, Moulding, Injection Moulding, Blow Moulding, Production Engineer, Production Engineering, Process Engineer, Process Engineering, Medical Devices, New Product Development, Polymer Technology, etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'