Manufacturing Engineer (Electrical), Newton Aycliffe, £35-40,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a quality focused, high volume manufacturing organization with outstanding future potential.
As part of the engineering team, you will support and develop improvements in all aspects of the production within the transducer assembly area.
To work alongside the Operations Manager, Manufacturing Engineers, Maintenance Engineers and the Shop floor Staff with the aim of increasing productivity and quality whilst reducing costs.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Design and implementation of new systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones. To include writing purchase specifications, timing plans and approval procedures.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Apply a methodical approach to fault finding. Identify faults, investigate production problems and ensure repair of equipment quickly and efficiently.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Update and improve existing processes to enhance efficiency and optimise productivity.
- Run and support Kaizen and continuous improvement projects.
- Write and update Standard Operating Instructions and train against them.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in electrical engineering
- Experience of working in a production environment in an engineering position
- Experience of analysing processes
- TS16949 experience would be highly desirable
- Electrical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job