Manufacturing Engineer- Automotive (Contract)
Due to a significant increase in business, an enthusiastic and dynamic Manufacturing Engineer is required for an established and successful Tier1 manufacturer based within The South East of the country.
Ideally located – Hungerford, Newbury, Didcot, Basingstoke, Marlborough, Reading
Our client is an established, leading, manufacturer of Engineered products. As part of a global group they have a brand leading portfolio and a reputation built on excellent product development and service levels.
Competitive Hourly Rate
Degree qualified in a mechanical / production based subject, you will have:
Good communications skills.
Driving Licence (preferably clean).
Enthusiasm, loyalty, flexibility, the ability to work with team members and a caring attitude towards the job.
- Computer literate with understanding of PC systems
- (MS – Word/Excel/Project/PowerPoint/Lotus Notes and Internet etc).
- Advanced Product Quality Planning experience.
- Problem Solving Skills – 6 Sigma, 8-D, 3 x 5Why, Ishakowa, Fish bone diagram, Design of Experiments.
- Control Plan
- SPC Techniques.
- Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Project Management.
- Design Software Pro E, Creo.
- TS16949 / ISO14001 / ISO 18001 requirements
The purpose of this role is the implementation of, and the improvement to, the manufacturing processes to achieve world class levels of operational efficiency, product quality and lowest piece part manufacturing cost.
- Daily involvement with manufacturing to support customer and company requirements regarding delivery, quality and efficiency.
- Pro-active involvement in New Product Introduction, advising on and implementing lean manufacturing systems including error proof detection and measurement methods.
- To verify Customer Specific Requirements (CSR’s)
- Identification based on investigative data of process improvements
- Project Management / participation in internal process improvements including Kaizan and cost reduction.
- Lead responsibility in risk reduction activities i.e. PFMEA, Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- Participation in DFMEA’s ensuring product design is suitable for manufacture.
- Participation in the development and maintenance of Control Plans.
- Preparation of machinery and tooling requirement specifications for internal / external design & build planning.
- The generation and execution of Process Validation Plans (PVP)
- The active planning and monitoring of tooling and processes for prototype, pre-production samples and PPAP runs.
Apply in Confidence
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2801GHGC
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job