A leading global manufacturing company require two Manufacturing/Development Engineers to join their expanding team at their facility in Leamington Spa.
The Product Design and Development Team
The outcomes of the design and development teams are the lifeblood of the business with team members being responsible for not only identifying new and innovative features and technical improvements but also working with manufacturing and production engineering in bringing new ideas to fruition. The Leamington team consists of some 14 design and development engineers with a further 8 in the support and prototype teams to ensure that bills of materials, spares, data files and technical documentation and translations are in place to support the ongoing sales and marketing objectives.
These 2 vacancies, along with their design engineer counterparts, have been created to support the drive for innovation with in the business.
Key Job requirements
- Liaison with external approval authorities to obtain product approval and with internal processes to ensure continued compliance.
- Competence in both electrical and gas combustion technology.
- Capable of applying FMEA, DFM, DFA, and other relevant techniques to minimise risk and optimise product design.
- Appreciation of international standard requirements covering all fuel types and associated product-testing regimes.
- Energetic, tenacious achiever capable of removing progress barriers.
- Flexibility and adaptability within a pressurised change environment.
- Appreciation of Project Planning and Management in line with a process consistent with ISO 9001 requirements.
- 'Hands-on' development role within a multi-disciplined project team.
- Developing products & features encompassing timing, financial & quality targets.
- Analytical and reasoned thinking including problem solving.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to other business areas to resolve manufacturing and quality issues and effect continuous improvement.
- Appreciation of manufacturing processes & capabilities including cost drivers.
Ideally qualified to HNC level in a relevant field you will possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and will be comfortable working with a diverse range of people at all levels within the organisation.
Other personal attributes critical to success in this role
- Achievement and Drive
- Analysis and Judgement
- Planning & Organisation
The working hours are Mon-Thurs 7.30am to 16.30pm and Friday 7.30am to 12.30pm.
Benefits package of 25 days holiday + 8 BH, auto enrolled DC pension scheme, target driven profit share bonus of up to 5%
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job