White Label is working with a highly established manufacturing company based in South Manchester who now seek a Manufacturing Design Engineer to join their growing design office.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business which focuses on investment in both its staff and in new technology to support the constant development of its range of products.
The client now seeks an apprentice trained Manufacturing Design Engineer who will be responsible from concept design and driving this through to manufacture. It is essential you have a strong manufacturing background along with design engineering skills.
The company require the Manufacturing Design Engineer to join the business and be responsible for the following:
- Design of production components and relevant tooling.
- Reverse engineer components for product improvements or changes.
- To create CAD drawings in accordance with company standards.
- To process relevant CAD files in accordance with company procedures.
- To liaise with other departments for component/tooling manufacture.
- To create general production drawings and setup sheets to aid manufacture.
- To create documentation to support the design and certification of projects.
- To have the ability to work those hours necessary to complete the task in hand.
- To support and operate equipment.
- To ensure work areas are maintained to a safe standard.
- To attend meetings as and when required.
- To attend any training programs internal or external.
- To make management aware of any issues that may affect operations.
- Must be competent user of Autodesk PowerShape
- Time served apprenticeship within a regulated manufacturing industry, minimum HNC/HND level in design related field
- Design for manufacture experience essential.
- Design for assembly experience an advantage.
- Experience of injection moulded, vacuum formed, sheets metal and CNC parts essential.
- Reverse engineering experience using laser scanner or CMM an advantage.
- Sufficient engineering capability and experience to create effective engineering solutions from design to manufacture.
- Expected to work to tight deadlines.
- Effective Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision.
- Ability to carry out some occasional travel to various sites in Europe.
The company is offering a role with a supportive and friendly team, where they are driven by development. They offer a salary of £30-38k depending on experience, along with paid overtime, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Pension scheme. This is an opportunity to work with new technology, and for business that valves investing in development.
Please apply immediately for consideration. Or contact Ruth Llewellyn at White Label.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'