Pin Point Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Automation Engineer to work for a leading manufacturing company based in the North East.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Technology and Lean Manager, the successful candidate will work across functional HPTs to implement automated manufacturing solutions to existing processes.
- Identify opportunities to implement latest manufacturing technological solutions (collaborative robots, 3D printing, AGVs, automated conveyor systems, automation of manually assembled components, etc.)
- Improve overall manufacturing processes efficiency.
- Support the new product development process identifying the most innovative and efficient manufacturing processes in line with SQDC objectives.
- Remove non-value added activities & improve value added activities with the use of automation.
- Create cost saving analysis, justification & close out for improvement activities.
- Assist in the training of staff for changes in processes with the creation and use of Job Detail Sheets.
- Support the completion/update of process instructions.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience in Manufacturing Engineering or similar discipline.
- Knowledge of Automated manufacturing systems/robotics/latest technology and experience within implementation into manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge & understanding of a variety of manufacturing engineering techniques such as time & motion study, ergonomics, work flow design, factory layout design, etc.
- Knowledge & understanding of manufacturing technology such as FMEA, Design for Manufacture, etc.
- Experience & use of analytical problem solving techniques.
- Computer literate with knowledge and use of Microsoft packages & use of CAD systems.
Salary - £40k plus Bonus
- Product Development