Manufacturing Account Manager
As the main point of contact for the client, you will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the customer relationship are properly handled either directly or working closely with the support of other departments including quality, customer service, and manufacturing, finance, legal and marketing.
Main duties/Results expected:
• Build strong personal relationships with customers and ensure is preferred supplier of choice.
• Customer visits – maintain a good presence with the customer. Ensure face to face meetings with top 10 clients at least once a quarter, smaller customers at least once/twice per year or more frequently if specific requirements arise.
• Ensure all customer contacts are entered into contacts database through Winforce software – with training on bespoke CRM application available.
• Ensure customer satisfaction – measured ultimately through customer feedback survey.
• Grow existing client base turnover in line with budget expectations.
• Quote for new projects with customers using Winforce PriceMatrix.
• Enter all quotes and secure new projects with clients and liaise with appropriate New Product Development manager to ensure client expectations are aligned at quote stage.
• Attend press passes or audits if required (eg if support is requested by the manufacturing site or opportunity to network with client team).
• Work closely with sites NPD Manager to ensure smooth introduction of awarded business.
• Facilitate cross-selling opportunities with customer across other product lines.
• Ensure any contracts are agreed internally, liaise with legal department if required.
PRICING AND QUOTES
• Manage customer price book with client and share latest version with customer services.
• Understand relationship between pricing and raw material costs (measured through Platts) and ensure pass through on pricing are agreed and implemented when required.
• Manage any other aspects of pricing as a result of market changes (eg transport cost increases, change in component supplier costs etc).
• Maximise all opportunities to increase product profitability. Seek out win-win opportunities for both client and to improve profitability at all times.
• Ensure special trials, artworks or development are properly quoted and customer issues PO to avoid problems with invoicing and delayed payments following the project start-up.
• Liaise with quality teams at appropriate site to ensure any complaints are properly investigated (DMAIC) and closed out.
• Liaise between quality team and client to support site audits and/or complete quality audit questionnaires. Ensure customer receives any requested certificated / quality information within the agreed time-frames.
• Ensure changes in specification are communicated in a timely manner to the customer and any commercial implications are managed (eg change from3 to 7 colours or discontinuation of a specification).
• Liaise closely with customer service teams to ensure best in class customer service.
• Ensure pricing in SAP is accurate.
• Ensure any slow moving materials are invoiced and shipped to the customer within the agreed time frames.
• Be prepared to discuss with client and intervene when customer services need to escalate specific issues (eg lead times, supply chain crisis, machine breakdowns etc).
• Ensure artwork origination and trials are invoiced.
• Target 0 overdues at end of each month and ensure customer payment terms are aligned with agreed payment terms.
• Ensure new customer accounts are set up in a timely manner and credit checks completed by finance.
• Help prepare annual sales budget and submit into BW when required.
SEMINARS, TRAINING AND EUROPEAN TRAVEL
• Be available to attend annual sales seminar (location varies within Europe).
• Be available to attend sales training as required (Locations vary within Europe).
• Support and host customer visits at various European manufacturing sites if required.
• Ensure all new projects / quotes are entered into Winforce – training will be provided.
• Prepare meeting minutes and distribute as appropriate (template).
• Provide monthly report for MMR purposes (existing clients and prospects, template).
• Enter sales forecast in BW software – training to be provided.
• Experience / Know-how : at least 5 years’ experience within a Sales function in a similar industry
• Manufacturing Sales/Account management experience
• Knowledge of Mi
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job