We are looking for a manual machinist to join the machine shop for a well established manufacturing firm just outside of Braintree, Essex. Anyone who has come from a tool making background with experience in manual turning & milling would be of extreme interest.
The role is 38hours a week, Monday - Friday.
This is a full time, permanent position subject to a successful 3 month probation period.
Experience working on CNC machinery is not essential as training can be given.
- Read & work from engineering drawings to produce machined parts
- Manual turning, milling, grinding, drilling, polishing
- Assist with inspection of incoming goods & tooling
- Generally light production and some minor tool repair work
- Working with steel, brass, aluminium, resin and plastic
- Ability to work under own initiative, good work ethic, flexible attitude required
- Keen eye for detail to work to the companies high tolerances
- Previous relevant engineering experience
- Knowledge of health & safety procedures
The ability to operate manual mills & lathes is essential. Training will be given across other areas for the right candidate.
As said, this is an ASAP start but the company are looking for the right candidate.
The company is offering a competitive pay dependent on the skill set of the successful applicant.
If you think this role could be for you but would like some further information then please contact Carl at Prime Appointments. Check out our website for my contact details.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days your application for this position has been unsuccessful.