Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf or (if your account was opened in China) ianwardpf
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Speaking UI/Graphic Designer
With rich experience, Mandarin can be flexible.
Your New Salary:c£25k (depending on experience)
Location: London (Work from home, ad-hoc meetings in London. Possibility of one day per week in our office in Surrey. )
My client is a UK based company with presence in China, who is passionate and dedicated to fulfilling the potential of European suppliers in the Chinese market. Built from a long history in technology and digital marketing with strong ties to retail and e-commerce. By aggregating the cost and complexity of doing business in China, the client provides companies with a route to Chinese e-commerce in a way that was previously only available for the largest brands. They work closely with their suppliers in Europe to build their brand and sales in China.
The client is looking for a creative, dynamic and ambitious UI/Graphic Designer, looking to join a fast-paced and evolving team. English language fluency is essential. Chinese language is a bonus. Strong Photoshop skills. UI/Graphic Design experience essential.
The Skills You Need to Succeed:
- BA (Hons) or equivalent in Graphic Design or related field.
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates creative flair, sharp eye for design and layout, ideally with experience in product advertisements.
- Ability to respond to briefs and demonstrate individual creative thinking.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and flourish in fast-paced working environment.
- Organised and ability to prioritise workload.
- Must be fluent level English.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus)
- Creative flair with good attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and evolve with the demands of the company.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
The Qualifications You Need to Succeed:
- working with the Head of Design and design team, supporting her on day-to-day tasks on a variety of projects.
- working on a variety of projects, often working in Photoshop to create product advertisements and website layout designs,
- designing creative page layouts for products that will be put onto various Chinese online platforms, alongside other creative marketing material.
- ensuring that a brand is appropriately displayed and represented
- ability to quickly grasp and understand a brands image and guidelines and to use their creative flair to apply this to creating design layouts is imperative.
- The Chinese market often requires designs that are visually exciting and with lots of creative elements, rather than the more simple clean approach we tend to use in the West.
- Ability to speak, read and write Mandarin Chinese.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Chinese businesses. (not essential)
- Previous travel/work experience in China. (not essential)
All applicants must send CV, cover letter and the portfolio to proceed.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
- Graphic Design
- Mandarin speaking