Most production is shipped to Europe and North America but they also ship to customers across ANZ, Asia, Africa and The Middle East.
The Group is divided into specialist business units and the European business is based in Radlett where the team of 8 provides development, supply and commercial services to UK and European based customers, from new wins to established clients.
This is a new role created in response to volume growth in workload, feedback from customers on how to improve and opportunity to expand the business in European markets.
The Procurement Executive is responsible for operational activities from establishing cost, placing orders, communicating with the manufacturing, monitoring supplier’s performance to completing the projects successfully for the deliveries to the clients.
You will liaise closely with Sales and Engineering teams to ensure the smooth flow of work through the business and satisfied completing the projects on time, within budget and to the company’s quality standards.
• Project management of all the procurement activities to ensure the project operated on time and in full delivery for all projects, monitoring more closely of supplier’s performance.
• Manage the day to day operations of the procurement function. Contribute professional expertise to the development of individual sourcing strategies and related documentation to ensure value for money is achieved and all commercial opportunities have been explored, and endorsed by relevant parties.
• To liaise with Design and Sales team during the concept and technical design while project is at its development stages.
• To agree the project objectives and scope with department, deliver projects to the agreed budget, timescales and functionality. To ensure project plans are developed and achieved as agreed scale.
• Support supplier selection and development, monitor the supplier’s performance. Analyse and evaluate quotations from potential suppliers, deal and maintain supplier’s relationships and gain an understanding of supplier internal processes. Perform the factory visit when is appropriate.
• Support the procurement development service to deliver value for money and compliance with procurement best practice.
• Support the team by delivering reports, maintaining contact with shippers, processing administrative paperwork e.g. invoices and delivery notes etc.
• Provide support for achieving agreed target margins and savings for the company.
• Support supplier selection, development and performance review. Analyse and evaluate quotations from potential suppliers, dealing and negotiation with suppliers, building relationships and gaining an understanding of supplier internal processes, as well as meeting with suppliers etc.
• Systems management and use of applicable technology such as SAGE
• In collaboration with other members of the team, manage the project progress by taking responsibility for the project progress in prototyping, production, packaging, QC and shipping, etc
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Substantial experience of procurement buying in a retail or display environment.
• Fluent in Mandarin speaking.
• With a proactive approach to problem solving, can work under pressure, and possess extensive commercial knowledge at the POP market.
• Proven project management skills.
• Experience of project governance and its effective application.
• A high level of numeracy and good attention to detail.
• High level of time management and personal organization.
• Excel, PowerPoint, word, & Microsoft project skills.
• Data analysis skills.
• Good team player
• Good communicator
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job