We are looking for Mandarin speakers to join us on a project by project basis as a Researcher for our reports. We are an independent research firm. Our intelligence reports seek to provide our financial clients with hard to reach information, to provide them with the competitive edge they need and to assist them in understanding and tracking trends within a specific sector.
As a Researcher, your responsibility will be to conduct high-quality, in depth telephone interviews with Chinese experts in different sectors, to uncover the latest trends and key drivers of an industry. The information that you discover, will be the foundations of the research that our clients will use to make key investment decisions. You will be a key part of the Chinese team, working closely with other Researchers and Project Managers to update them on project progress and to provide insight on the trends that you have observed in your research.
Your written and spoken English must be fluent and you should be able to interpret live-time from Mandarin into English when needed.
Please note - Telephone experience or previous research experience is not essential. We provide a comprehensive training programme that goes alongside your employment and covers everything you need to be a successful Telephone Researcher!
- Successful candidates must speak Mandarin Chinese fluently with an understanding of Native Dialects and cultural nuances
- Excellent communication skills, articulate and confident with great telephone manner
- Target driven with a deep pride in the quality of work
- Enjoy the challenges of cold calling and speaking to new people. You should be persistent, polite and professional.
- Telephone respondents from contact lists with limited numbers, and convince respondents to participate in an interview
- Navigate gatekeepers and negotiate pushbacks to reach the person who is able to address our questions
- Guide respondents through a set of quantitative and qualitative questions
- Translate answers from Mandarin to English, capturing detail, meaning and context
- You will be able to engage in a knowledgeable discussion with respondents in a professional and personable manner in order to ensure respondents are happy to be re-contacted
- Keep an accurate record of all contact with respondents, results and responses of your interviews
Flexibility with shift patterns is required to ensure support across operational hours.
Between 06:30 - 13:00hrs
IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE OR JANUARY
- Communication Skills
- Engaging People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job