Your New Job Title: Mandarin speaking Purchasing & Sourcing Manager
Your New Salary: Competitive
Location: North London
The Skills you'll use each day: Procurement, Sourcing, Negotiation, Logistics, IT Literate
A fast-growing, multi-brand management company specialising in both beauty and organic super foods, supplying products to the wholesale, retail, and e-commerce industry.The ideal candidate will have proven experience in purchasing and sourcing from the Far East, and can demonstrate their strong communication, negotiation and multi-tasking skills. The exponential growth of our client makes this an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to develop a wealth of experience in this sector. The selected candidate may be required to meet with suppliers in China and attend trade shows in the Far East.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Forecasting stock demand for the different channels within the business.
- Raising Purchase orders with suppliers in the Far East.
- Negotiating pricing and production times with overseas factories.
- Managing lead times from Purchase Order through to final delivery to the UK.
- Commissioning Quality Control inspections on final goods before they are shipped.
- Improving the products and packaging in conjunction with QC reports.
- Negotiating best rates for forwarding goods to the UK, with multiple suppliers.
- Management of both air and sea shipments during transit to the UK.
- Booking in deliveries to the UK warehouses.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Bilingual (Mandarin/English), must have native-level Mandarin and English speaking skills.
- Previous experience in a buying role.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Supply Chain Management experience.
- Experience of working with freight forwarders.
- Logical, self-motivated and able to multi task between various projects.
- A strong interest in developing beauty brands.
- Good I.T skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Advanced Knowledge in Excel.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.