A professional and promising brokerage firm with our office in Canary Wharf, China Merchants Securities (UK) Limited ("CMS (UK)") is a leading enterprise under the China Merchants Group. We provide investors with all-round professional services of securities investment and financing. CMS have launched a FCA authorised and regulated business in London initially focused on commodities trading. We are joined by high-calibre staff who are professional and motivated to develop and grow the business.
Title: Head of Human Resources and Administration (UK)
Internal grade: Senior Vice President
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources & Administration (CMSHK) and local CEO, this role provides overall planning, execution, and supervision of all-rounded Human Resources, Office Administration support to CMSUK office.
HR Related Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with management team (i.e. CEO of CMSUK, Head of Human Resources and Administration (CMSHK) and key business stakeholders) to develop strategic HR plans/ policies and oversee key HR processes in UK office, such as talent acquisition, compensation, performance management, training and staff development and employee relations/ staff engagement;
- Work closely with stakeholders in HK office and Headquarter counterparts in coordinating and implementing performance management (KPI setting and year end performance evaluation), corporate culture and people development initiatives to support company development;
- Manage recruitment processes covering talent sourcing and selection, preparing employment contract and onboarding new hires;
- Oversee and manage compensation & benefits related aspects, such as monthly payroll, staff pension and insurance, allowances, annual tax returns/reporting, leave administration, benefits administration, and related vendor service providers, etc;
- Lead ongoing HR policies and procedures review and ensure their smooth implementation.
- Ensure proper maintenance of employee records (incl. C&B, performance management and training records, etc.).
- Conduct timely data analysis for management reporting.
- Perform other duties / ad hoc projects as required by the supervisor.
Office Administration Related Responsibilities:
Plan and implement office management policies;
Oversee the administrative support and day-to-day office management in the UK office, including:
o manage reception events/duties, office filing/storage, printing, mailing / delivery/courier arrangements
o handle procurement of office supplies, stationary and equipment purchase
o manage office property safety, rental and renovation matters
Perform other duties / ad hoc projects as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree or above in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent with 6-8 years of HR and Administration related experience, preferably gained in financial institutions
- Comprehensive experience of providing high quality HR and admin support and advice
- Broad knowledge of local labor laws, social security, tax practices and regulatory requirements.
- Strong project management and organizing skills with detailed minded and excellence follow through
- Able to develop relationships with people at all levels by demonstrating a strong understanding of key drivers of the business
- Proactive, independent, team player, agile with change management
- Strong communication in both written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua) and English;
- Proficient in MS Office (including Words, Excel, and Powerpoint) and Chinese typing skills.