Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf or (if your account was opened in China) ianwardpf
Job title: Mandarin speaking Head of HR and Administration - Banking
Salary: to £100k
Report to: President
Hours of work: 35 / week
- Day-to-day management of the overall HR and Administration functions.
- Maintain a functional reporting line to both the HR and the Administration Management department at HO.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that any new joiners to the Branch are assessed against the Material Risk Takers certification scope criteria, subject to the Remuneration Code SYSC 19D and those performing 'significant harm functions’.
- Implement HR strategy within the organisation.
- Ensure the HR function and team is aligned with business objectives.
- Work closely with business leaders and line management providing expert guidance on a variety of HR matters.
- Overall responsibility for allocating appropriate resources to senior management risk activities.
- Develop the on-boarding process and key training requirements for all staff members. Responsible for ensuring that all potential new Branch staff are correctly vetted.
- Handling any material staff risk matters in conjunction with senior management.
- Advising on the impacts of the regulators Training and Competence requirements. Good knowledge of the current regulatory environment and requirements, ensuring that regulatory expectations of staff straining and competence are met.
- Enforce best practice and relevant employment law across the business; ensure that best practise and employment law is followed in all employee relations casework and employment policies.
- Ensure the HR function operates within budgets and strives for efficiencies and innovation.
- Work within and apply key business drivers to people management strategies.
- Ensure that managers and staff are fully aware of HR policies.
- Introduce and drive change management initiatives and incentive plans.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on cost-effective training and development programmes.
- Act as the externally facing representative for HR for the organisation.
- Breadth of experience in a range of HR expertise, such as recruitment, reward, training and development, performance management, payroll and benefits administration.
- Strong experience in a senior HR position within the financial sector.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Communication & interpersonal skills, strong leadership and management experience.
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving and mathematical ability.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- In depth knowledge of UK employment law.
- Experience in the financial sector, with a good understanding of the PRA and FCA regulatory regimes and guidelines.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Influencing, persuading and negotiating skills.
- Good coaching & mentoring skills.
- Strong written skills with proven ability to develop and draft HR Strategies, Policies and Procedures.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.