Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf or (if your account was opened in China) ianwardpf
Your New Job Title: Mandarin or Cantonese speaking Deputy Financial Manager
The Skills You Need: Fluent in Mandarin/Cantonese and English, ACA/ ACCA/CIMA fully qualified, Financial/Treasury Management experience.
Salary: Highly competitive
Location: Central London
Our client is an international leader in its field. The business also trades energy, softs and agriculture.
The individual must be self-motivated and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with regular deadlines. It would be beneficial that the individual has previous experience working in the finance function in a trading focused business (investment bank, broker etc.). This role will be ideal for someone who wishes to broaden the scope of their financial and regulatory knowledge and who is keen to think through and understand the processes being reported.
What You Will Be Doing:
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
This is a "hands-on" production role within a small team whose responsibilities cover financial and management reporting; product control; regulatory reporting; taxation (direct and indirect); treasury management; as well as various other tasks.
- To ensure the accuracy of the financial information prepared
- To ensure that there is sufficient regulatory capital, that the regulatory capital is monitored daily and that it is accurate and sufficient for the company's needs
- To participate in the preparing and policing of financial controls, maintaining appropriate procedures and that controls are sufficient to safeguard the assets of the company
- Responsibility for overseeing the Product Control function, to ensure P&L’s / positions are accurately managed and reported.
- To oversee subsidiary returns and reports (financial and regulatory) to the immediate parent.
- Review VAT return information for submission, including partial exemption calculations / annual adjustment / Capital Goods Scheme (CGS), if relevant.
- Review of daily bank reconciliations.
- Involvement with aspects of setting / managing the company budgets / forecasts (with the Business Planning & Analysis team) and monitoring performance (in conjunction with the Expense Control function in the department)
- Monitor the company’s FX position (preparation of position shared with Financial Accountant)
- Review / preparation of the daily and quarterly FCA capital adequacy calculations and returns
- To ensure that monthly broker reconciliations are performed (including Comex / Bullion)
- Monitor integrity of financial accounting system, including profit centre account management (and understanding accounting posting process), ensuring the system balance and grouping are checked on a daily basis and differences resolved.
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts, including the external audit and planning, updating of the IAS 8 Accounting Policy document so that the accounts are Board approved
- Input / Verify / Approval (as required) of telegraphic payments in Electronic Payment System (once trained / set up in system)
- Monthly review of client ledger realised balances, including bank, broker, client & CCP (Clearing House)
- Preparation / review of quarterly VAT return, including partial exemption calculations
What You Need to Succeed:
- Ideally, but not essential, some prior experience of commodity accounting (futures, options, FX), including the understanding and ability to interpret regulatory requirements.
- Some financial services experience is necessary
- Use of own initiative during problem solving and project appraisal, with the ability to work without direct assistance
- Previous exposure to multi-currency reporting environment.
- IT literate (good Microsoft office skills including strong Excel skills)
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) at all levels, internally and externally in English and Mandarin / Cantonese.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.