Mandarin Chinese Speaking Trade Service Officer
To see more Mandarin jobs please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf AND pfteamchina
Your New Job Title: Mandarin Speaking Trade Service Officer
The Skills You'll Need: Trade finance experience in a banking environment. Mandarin and English fluent.
Your New Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Location: Central London
Who You'll Be Working for: an international bank
About the job:
Perform tasks relating to import and export initiation and settlement business, including L/Cs, Clean and Documentary Collections, Bank Guarantees, trade finance business. AML System checking, assessment on trade transactions and BCP.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
- All aspects of import transactions including: L/C issuance, L/C acceptances, collections such as D/P, D/A, etc., scan document and send to BPC for their checking under import L/Cs, effecting payment under L/Cs, D/P, D/A, etc., bank guarantees / standby L/Cs and import finance.
- All aspects of export transactions including: L/C advising; L/C confirmation, scan documents and send to BPC for their checking against export L/C negotiation, L/C reimbursement and collections under D/P, D/A, etc. Double check the contents of delivery documents before mailing.
- Trade related finance solutions such as packing loans, factoring, bills discounting, forfaiting and funded or un-funded risk participation.
- Calculate accurately the fees and interests for the relevant transactions.
- Liaise correspondence in connection with documentary import and export letters of credit for customers of the Bank in line with agreed procedures with BPC.
- Collate and check documents which have been processed by BPC to ensure Compliant with letters of credit terms and conditions.
- Proficient checking of payments with appropriate knowledge of Swift rules after being made by BPC.
- Timely following up of irregularities with customers and BPC.
- Liaise with clients on matters relating to L/C transactions together with BPC.
- Assist Head of Institutional Banking in carrying out various trade finance related statistical reports for Management and Head Office.
- Funds positioning.
- Carrying out periodical accounting reconciliation internally with Credit Administration, Corporate Banking and Financial Control departments and externally with BPC.
- Make proper registrations to the business as required by the procedure.
- Assist Head of Institutional Banking to monitor the progress of the transaction processing.
- Suggest the upgrading of the working procedure.
- Filing and archiving.
- All the CDD and AML checking in trade services and other products lines as required by the Bank’s policy.
- Keep all AML check evidences for audit trail purpose. Must report / escalate to MLRO for potential positive hit or suspicious transactions in accordance to the Bank’s AML policy.
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of Institutional Banking.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Banking trade finance experience
- Attention to detail
- Experience usingUCP600;
- Accuracy and able to adapt to change in work flows;
- Analysis, planning and organising;
- Teamwork and communication;
- Bilingual: English & Mandarin. Mandarin is essential for this role.
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 9 to 5
Please view all our Chinese jobs at www.people-first.co.uk
Please follow us on Linkedin: people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'