Managing Surveyor – Bromley – Up to £90,000 DOE
- Are you a team player?
- Do you have 5 years QS management experience?
- Can you lead a team to deliver projects on time and under budget?
If so, this could be your dream job!
Our client started as a family run business and very quickly turned into a profitable organisation but have still kept their family culture. They provide projects for both the public and private sector and have an extensive knowledge of managing housing developments nationwide. They work very closely with their clients, which include areas within the London Boroughs. The company itself is a fast-paced environment with a fun bubbly team that work together to get the job done!
Their philosophy is:
- To work with partners who are carefully selected for each project and seek quality in every part of a project
- The key to success is developing strong and long lasting working relationships
- To oversee each project through planning, construction and full delivery services
Your job as the Managing Surveyor will involve you managing all the commercial and contractual issues on your projects. You will be in charge of leading and mentoring the Commercial Team to report to the Commercial Manager and meeting deadlines as well as cost reporting. You will also be responsible for valuations and payments alongside taking on the commercial and contractual correspondence.
Responsibilities you will undertake:
- Managing and guiding the team as well as building rapport
- Manage Quantity Surveyors across 6 different projects
- Preparing contract documents
- Analysing cost for tender returns on a project
- Preparing cost reports
- Advice on procurement strategy
- Giving work to subcontractors
- Analysing and writing progress reports
- Monthly client valuations
- Finding and developing a response to commercial risks
- Valuing work and arrange payments
To be fit for this role, you will have had a minimum of 5 years “hands on” management experience and are educated to BSc surveying or equivalent. You are also a team player with good interpersonal, written and communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
You will have a salary of up to £90,000 DOE, plus bonus structure!
You will be working with an empathetic and friendly management team who are always on board to help each other out!
How to Apply
Call Aitch Henry-Doswell:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job