About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to work on a new build project, within the South West Midlands/Welsh boarder.
Please note: Candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance.
- To ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a range of specified projects;
- To manage a small team of quantity surveyors on a single large project or across a number of projects, depending upon location and work type;
- To provide guidance to other members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team and Project Directors/Managers on all aspects relating to commercial activity on the specified projects.
What you'll be doing
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions;
- Be accountable for the activities of directly reporting quantity surveying staff, providing advice and guidance to other members of the team and to Project Directors/Managers;
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s); be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins;
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed;
- With other members of the team; produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value.
Who we're looking for
- Have substantial previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment;
- Hold a CSCS card;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/ CIBSE;
- Have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and previous experience of managing project commercial performance is necessary;
- Have proven experience in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others and, in particular, create successful commercial teams at all levels is required. Demonstrable experience in a specific sector may be required.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job