We have a lovely role for someone with experience of managing a list of STM journals aspiring to be a Managing Editor. Working for a highly respected not for profit organisation, the Managing Editor will work with the Journals Publisher on the development of this varied journal portfolio.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Supporting the Journals Publisher in the further development of the journals including new launches and acquisitions.
- Coordinating and organizing Editorial Board meetings
- Developing excellent working relationship with academic Editors and Editorial Boards.
- Act as key liaison with the team of Editorial & Production Assistants
- Ensure that journals are promoted through all relevant strategies.
- Represent the company at scientific conferences when required.
- Running reports on Manuscript Central and collating journal performance statistics.
- Research and running citation reports on Web of Science.
- Work with the wider journals team to ensure that the editorial workflow is operating at maximum efficiency.
This role would suit an editorial professional who has some proven experience in STM journal publishing and is looking to develop their editorial experience and broaden their skills set.
The successful person will have:
- Proven experience of managing a list of STM journals
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Proven knowledge of the publishing process
- Excellent time management skills
- A high degree of literacy and numeracy
- Strong IT skills
If you have the experience and skills required and are looking for a varied role where you will meet different daily challenges, we would love to hear from you!
For further information, please send your CV and salary expectations.