Manager in North London
Our client is a well-established 3 Partner Practice based in North London who are keen to find a Manager or strong Senior to join their expanding team. They are looking to organically grow & are looking for someone who has key experience managing a portfolio, delegating staff and has exceptional people management skills. Audit is a very small part of the role, and only knowledge of the planning and finalisation of an Audit is necessary. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for progression, expansion & potential chance for partnership in the future.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good communications skills, aptitude and the ability to assume additional responsibilities when required.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Manager in North London
- Oversee the operations of the Audit and Accounts department including managing junior colleagues and trainees - people management skills is necessary with experience in delegating staff and work flow
- Managing a mixed portfolio of clients ranging from small turnovers to multi million clients
- Assist the Partners in assigning workloads and review the work of other team members
- Accounts prep from start to finish, either reviewing or doing yourself
- Maintain client bookkeeping, prepare accounts, VAT Returns and management information
- Dealing with Companies House and HMRC including appeals on behalf of clients
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the firm.
- Some audit work (only around 10-15%) - not much knowledge is needed of this, as long as you have experience in the planning and finalisation stage
- Working closesly with the Partners & having a hand in developing the Practice
The ideal candidate for the Manager in North London
- Practical work experience
- Experience in using Iris, Sage, Xero, Quickbooks is preferred
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to manage own tasks, good time management and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Self-discipline, organised, proactive, able to make and justify own decisions
- Can do attitude
- Experience in people management
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary £45,000-£53,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Varied and interesting client portfolio
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Company pension scheme
- Diverse and dynamic team!
Insite Recruitment refer a friend scheme:
Do you know a Client Manager based in Finchley or someone who may be suitable for this role? Should you introduce a candidate to Insite who we subsequently place, we will send you a £250 retail gift voucher.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'