Our client is a 16 partner Chartered Accountants in Surrey who are looking for an Manager with previous experience within a well-established firm.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Manager role in Surrey:
- Bookkeeping client accounts, managing the data capture process for investment manager and bank statements, through a variety of methods from manual posting to automated data interfaces
- Responsibility for data integrity, performing the first reconciliation of bank records vs our systems. Working closely with our investment accountants, to sign off on client records on a daily or monthly basis.
- Assisting in the preparation of wealth reports, performance reports and management accounts, depending upon the client.
- General administration on behalf of clients, including cash flow analysis and raising payments
- Day to day filing and archiving
- Oversight of junior bookkeepers, responsible for investment statement collation.
- Development of processes and procedures to accommodate business changes.
The ideal candidate for this Manager role in Surrey:
- Review and finalisation of completed accounts for UK and non-UK trusts, estates and charities
- Review and finalisation of tax returns for UK and non-UK trusts, estates and charities
- Reviewing tax pool computations for offshore trusts and identifying technical issues that arise
- Supporting trustees in monitoring the investments and performance of the trust assets
- Provision of advice to clients on establishing and running charities and charitable trusts
- Supporting partners in ad-hoc tax planning projects and technical work
- Supporting the client partner, where required, at meetings
- Act as main point of contact for many clients
- Ensure the client partner is informed of all communications
- Delivery of accurate information within deadlines
Leadership and Management
- Support the development of the trust accountants through timely and precise feedback
- Day to day supervision of junior staff
- Participation in staff reviews/appraisals
- Provide technical guidance to the accountants
- Act as a role model to the accountants
- Be aware of relevant events for the client portfolio they manage, both technical (for example, trust periodic charges) and external (for example, trustee meetings) to ensure matters are dealt with efficiently
- Support the partners in bringing in new work through attendance at meetings with potential clients and through attendance at networking events
Applicants should hold an accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA but qualification by experience will be considered.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in trust accounting and all aspects of trust tax for UK and offshore trusts. Previous experience producing investment reports or management accounts.
- Able to delegate and supervise junior staff
- Able to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent IT skills and a desire to continually develop these
- Able to communicate effectively with contacts in the appropriate medium
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage workflow and ensure the timely delivery of client work
What's on offer?
- £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
- Training & study packages
- Private medical insurance
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional benefits
Do you know an Manager based near Surrey, or someone who may be suitable for this role? Should you introduce a candidate to Insite who we subsequently place, we will send you a £250 retail gift voucher!
For more information on this Manager role please either apply directly or contact Anthony Hearn at Insite Public Practice Recruitment. If this role isn't for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job