Work Relief Charity Recruitment is assisting in the recruitment of a passionate, determined and inclusive Team Manager for one of the largest homeless organisations in London. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a large supported housing project for Young People in South East London.We’d love to hear from you if you are passionate about helping vulnerable and homeless people, and enjoy leading and inspiring a team to support individuals in achieving their goals towards independent living.
Full time (some evening and weekend hours as required)
£34,000 per annum
Benefits: Comprehensive training and development programme, 26 days annual leave (with the chance to buy/sell an extra week), occupational sick pay, contributory group pension scheme, free life assurance and salary sacrifice schemes (eg. childcare vouchers).
You will be working alongside the Area Manager and peers across 8 London Boroughs, in order to ensure their customers receive the highest level of support while they are with them. This project works with single homeless individuals from 16 years of age, with a range of support needs. This project forms an essential part of the London Borough of Croydon’s housing offer for young people and you will be the face of the project working alongside partners to ensure they are really meeting the needs of local people.
You will ensure delivery of excellent housing management and support services to customers living in the accommodation. You will make sure that the project operates within budget and comply with Supporting People requirements as well as all other relevant quality standards.
On a day to day basis this will include:
- Overseeing all support provided to residents and management of the staff teams
- Lead in the provision of a high-quality accommodation based support service to homeless customers with complex support needs
- Set clear expectations of quality standards, work plans and targets for staff.
- Working to build and maintain partnerships with local agencies and community groups
- Actively involve residents in the running of the project.
- Monitor income and expenditure and ensure that the project keeps within set targets
To successfully achieve in this role, we are now looking for like-minded driven individuals with the necessary experience to take on this new and exciting role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A natural ability to motivate, lead and develop a team
- A track record of leading teams who consistently meet targets
- An excellent understanding of the issues affecting homelessness and a proven track record in managing support services for vulnerable people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop good working relationships with customers, colleagues and external contacts.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
All positions are subject to a satisfactory DBS and references.
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV. All suitable candidates will be asked to complete some vacancy specific application questions (sent via email).
Closing date for return of completed application forms 6:00pm, Sunday 22nd April.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.