M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the a Transaction Manager to join the Legal & Transaction Management team. You will be acting as project manager to the in-house “virtual” deal team including Fund Managers, Investment Managers, Portfolio Management, Tax, Legal, Treasury, Capital Solutions, Construction, etc., to ensure efficient and timely processing of investment transactions, including chairing take-on / take-off team meetings and ensuring tasks allocated and completed by colleagues.
The Transaction Management Team plays a crucial role in M&G Real Estate’s timely deployment of client capital into global real estate assets. Our reputation for transacting professionally and efficiently is a key “edge” for M&GRE in the market.
Your responsibilities will be
- As internal project manager, liaise closely with the deal-owning Investment Manager to ensure that efficient streamlined instructions are given both to internal stakeholders and external advisers.
- Assume (alongside the Investment Manager/ultimate M&G deal owner) role of client interface for solicitors to comment upon/approve drafting and provide instruction.
- Co-ordinate the receipt or provision of information from solicitors and disseminate as appropriate within M&G Real Estate or to other advisers.
- Collate and interpret basic heads of terms and property information and convert these into firm propositions that accurately represent the intended transaction.
- Exercise judgement on behalf of clients in monitoring the services provided to clients by external legal advisers; bring to the attention of the Head of Legal any significant concerns.
- Manage the payment process on funding and development projects to ensure the correct monies are received in a timely manner.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to investment professionals so that potential tax and cashflow returns available are fully exploited.
- Reduce risk by structuring and negotiating investment transaction documentation to protect the client’s position.
- Comply with M&G Real Estate’s anti-money laundering and financial crime obligations.
- Analyse VAT, CI, Capital Allowances and stamp duty options and implement necessary tax treatment of transactions to ensure compliance with legal obligations, in conjunction with internal and external tax specialist/s.
- Co-ordinate and direct the inputs of external advisers to the transacting process (e.g. accountants, tax specialists, specialist legal advice) to ensure efficient and timely processing of investment transactions.
- Engage positively with project management systems and software and suggest improvements to the same.
- Authorise timely payment of receipt of completion monies and profit payments and settle invoices / authorise payment of fees.
- Examine, review and modify standard forms of documentation to safeguard client interests, including Sale Agreement, Purchase Report and DFA’s standard form.
- Maintain and adhere to the practices set out in the purchase, sales, funding and indirect investment manuals.
- Coordinate the formation or purchase of transaction structures including any nominee or subsidiary company including the undertaking of due diligence, appointment of directors and approval of the recording of minutes of meetings.
- Provide timely and accurate progress/event reporting facility to all interested parties.
- Post-completion, ensure that all contractual obligations both to and from the client are discharged and that any correspondence received directly or via lawyers is promptly referred (where appropriate) to Group Tax.
- Obtain necessary consents from Prudential/M&G (re. admissibility, new subsidiaries etc.) as and when appropriate for complex / indirect investment transactions.
- Consider and where necessary draft confidentiality letters thus providing time for investment surveyors to negotiate confidential heads of terms off-market.
- Act as clients’ authorised signatory and/or sealing officer.
- Assist and work with Product Development in respect of new funds’ set-up and changes to the structure of existing funds.
- To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with the Company Framework.
- To understand the Company’s Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy as appropriate for your role.
- To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company’s H&S Manager.
- Fulfil regulatory requirements, including timely completion of all regulatory training and declarations.
What we are looking for
It is essential that you have experience of working with a property transaction process as well as be highly organised and a good level of numeracy and literacy. It is desirable that you have experience of working either in the legal sector, financial services or with a project management background.
You should have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally, be a self-starter, able to use own initiative, possess good IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"