Job Title: Manager - Tax & Accounting
Salary: £32,000 - 35,000 (OTE £38,000+)
Hours: 09:00 to 17:30 - 37.5 hours per week
Our client is a dynamic and rapidly growing professional accountancy and taxation firm looking for a Manager to join their existing team, and take responsibility for the delivery of taxation and accountancy advice to our portfolio of customers.
As a technologically driven firm of Chartered Accountants, our client specialises in the provision of accountancy, taxation and business advice to freelancers and professionals trading through their own Limited Companies. They provide an online accounting solution, tailored specifically to the growing "flexible workforce" sector. It covers all of the UK and delivers the highest levels of customer service.
- Primary contact point between our customers and the services we provide. ( Relationship owner)
- To act as Personal Accountant and adviser to a client portfolio of up to 200 clients providing planning advice, and tax and accounting support.
- Coordination and responsibility for the delivery of a full service to each client
- Management of portfolio including on boarding of new business, delivery of internal KPIs and supervision of colleagues in the support departments of accounts and taxation.
- Ideal candidates will possess a mix of good practical tax knowledge combined with general accounting experience, preferably with +2 years 'hands on' experience gained within a small to medium sized accountancy firm in a client facing role.
- Tax plays a major part in this role; accordingly you should demonstrate a strong knowledge of VAT, PAYE, Self-Assessment tax and corporation tax for small companies and their directors.
- The use of IT and various software packages is widespread and will involve accurate communications and effective time management.
- Commercial awareness and being able to see the "wood for the trees" would be an asset.
- The role requires sound communication skills and good organisational abilities and would suit an individual who enjoys engaging with clients who need a safe pair of hands.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are important as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- The candidate will need to be able to build trust and relationships with a range of customers from first time freelancers through to established IT contractors.
- It is not essential to hold formal qualifications in either accounting (AAT/ACCA/ICAEW) or taxation (ATT/CTA) but it is preferred. Candidates may also be qualified by experience, which can be invaluable. Support for further qualification is available when appropriate.
This role would ultimately suit an individual who is driven, ambitious and who wants to develop their accountancy career and take responsibility for their own portfolio of clients at the earliest opportunity whilst gaining considerable commercial experience to freelancer and consultancy businesses across the UK.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"