As the Manager - Service Support and Improvement, you will be responsible for the leadership and people management across the team, ensuring that workflow and resources are managed effectively. You will facilitate the smooth running of the function, focusing on operational items, reviewing and improving processes to ensure optimal operational efficiencies, acting as a point of escalation, and ensuring efficient delivery of service both internally and externally.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a capable people manager with a technical background who is looking for a role with variety and broad remit. The role will ideally suit someone from an IT service delivery background or similar.
Core duties of the role include:
- Leading, motivating, developing and appraising team members
- Co-ordinate available resources and monitor workflow to ensure that the daily workload is consistently completed in line with agreed service standards
- Managing the planning, resourcing, scripting & execution phases of UAT for all projects across various EFSL (Equiniti Financial Services Limited) systems
- Managing the UAT, BAT and regression testing of defect fixes or new software releases
- Managing the implementation of software releases including the co-ordination and controlling of user acceptance testing and regression testing
- Providing SME advice on prioritisation of system issues acting as a liaison between the business and the suppliers
- Liaising with internal and external customers, on a wide range of issues, complaints, and requests for information or advice
- Acting as an escalation point, for our customer facing and operational teams
- Looking for ways to continually improve our underlying processes
- Triaging both operational and system issues, taking ownership through to resolution
- Ensuring delivery on service requests, adhering to Service Level agreements
- Managing user maintenance across various enterprise systems
- Identifying and analysing organisational requirements and looking for ways of continuous improvement
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
- Well-developed people management and leaderships skills
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to triage issues in conjunction with technical experts within your team
- Well-developed planning skills, to enable you to manage your own requirements as well as allocating the resource of the team as required
- Knowledge of testing tools and methodologies
- Stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders in a diplomatic and persuasive way
- Excellent IT skills especially knowledge of Microsoft Office and proprietary systems
- Strong operational and commercial awareness
- The ability to identify system/process improvements
- Ability to write reports /communicate with Senior Managers
- Experience of business requirements gathering and analysis
- Previous experience within a financial services organisation desirable
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing is desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL Best Practice in Service Management desirable
- Knowledge of SQL desirable
In return for you
This is a unique role that will offer the successful candidate a position with broad remit as well as an interesting variety in tasks. Equiniti is a FTSE250 listed organisation that strongly supports the development and progression of its people. You will be part of an expanding and ambitious division and organisation.
Please submit your details online with either an up to date CV ensuring you follow all steps to submit via Equiniti's careers site.
Equiniti committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
- Acceptance Testing
- Management Skills
- Operational Efficiency