Taylor Hawkes are currently working with a Top 30 Accountancy firm based in the City of London. The firm are looking for a Manager/Senior Manager within UK Trusts, who will report to the Trust team leader.
Main purpose of the position:
- To manage the Trust team with the development and growth of accounting and tax services.
- To assist Partners with planning and other ad hoc assignments ensuring all compliance issues are dealt with efficiently.
- To assist with the technical and professional development of the Trust team members.
- To manage a portfolio of UK resident trust clients in relation to their UK tax reporting requirements.
- To prepare complex final accounts from both manual and computerised records.
- To prepare complex trust tax returns, capital gains tax computations and other tax compliance work including IHT Accounts -IHT100 & IHT400.
- To liaise with the partner responsible for the client’s affairs as necessary, and to arrange to be kept informed of developments, including the review of correspondence or other communications received relating to the client
- To carry out tax planning, including tax payment forecasting and ad-hoc projects.
- To assist the development of more junior members of the team and to assist as necessary with monitoring of work and progress being made and to help resolve any problems and difficulties being encountered.
Skills and Experience
- Degree (minimum 2.1), or equivalent.
- CTA/STEP qualified.
- Demonstrated application of management skills, including mentoring.
- Ability to consult and research to find solutions independently.
- IT skills - Digita, CCH Accounts software.
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes.
- Accountancy Firm
- Senior Manager
- Top 30