Our client is a Big 4 consultancy looking to hire within a highly specialist and respected team.
- The Centre for Regulatory Strategy EMEA (ECRS) brings together regulatory specialists from across the company in order to help our clients anticipate, assess and manage the strategic implications of regulatory developments in financial services. Headquartered in the UK, it has a network with local representatives across EMEA. It is further strengthened by working closely with counterparts in the US, Asia and Australia as part of the global Centre for Regulatory Strategy.
- The ECRS achieves its goal by producing distinctive thought leadership, maintaining an early warning capability to spot emerging regulatory and supervisory issues, and by offering targeted commercial support. The eminence and insights led from the ECRS drive market-leading capabilities and client relationships in financial services.
- Reflecting the developing priorities of policymakers, supervisors and our clients, the ECRS is hiring a Manager for its Regulation and Business Strategy team. This team works closely with regulatory specialists to assess the implications of new regulations for business models and determine how business strategies should respond.
As a Manager on the Regulation and Business Strategy team you will have responsibility for:
- Leading the analysis and assessment of the implications of new regulatory requirements for business models and strategies, set against the context of macro-economic and competitive developments, and working with regulatory specialists within the ECRS
- Driving forward thought leadership on the issues identified;
- Ensuring the ECRS maintains an overview of relevant developments, including through tracking new policy initiatives, identifying emerging topics and developing relevant contacts with regulators, policymakers and with industry;
- Managing resources, delivering work to agreed deadlines and ensuring the quality of outputs;
- Engaging with client-facing teams and directly with clients to leverage the analysis, in the UK and overseas; and
- Contributing to cross-team initiatives.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
We are looking for an individual with a strong track record of producing analysis and a natural intellectual curiosity. The successful candidate will further be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant and commensurate experience in business model and strategy analysis of banks and other financial institutions - for example, financial analysis, financial modelling or regulatory impact analysis - that can be applied to drive forward the team’s analytical work;
- A strong understanding of strategic challenges and trends in the banking sector and financial services industry more generally;
- An understanding of key regulatory and supervisory developments, particularly in relation to bank prudential requirements, and an ability to understand and interpret those developments;
- The ability to develop hypothesis-driven analysis, and to provide considered views, interpretation and an assessment of the implications for industry;
- The ability to track and quickly and efficiently review a large volume of information in order to identify and disseminate the key points in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to liaise and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders internally and with external practitioners;
- Excellent time and workload management skills, and the ability to work flexibly under pressure;
- Exceptional presentation and business writing skills, and the ability to independently drive and draft pieces of regulatory insight;
- High professional standards;
- The ability to take a flexible approach to tackle a wide range of tasks including: analytical research, client presentations and report writing, and hands-on involvement in the development of ECRS products; and
- Experience of managing or mentoring staff.