Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 shops and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!JOB SUMMARY
The Manager of Internal Communications will develop a comprehensive internal communications function to deliver strategic and TJX culture-focussed messages. The role is responsible for a range of channels, tools and events across the business designed to provide associates in all geographies and functions across the TJX Europe business with regular, meaningful and consistent information about activity across TJX. The job holder will directly manage and develop the team responsible for creating content and activating campaigns and events, and will indirectly influence other functions with responsibility for communication. The job holder will constantly challenge and drive improvement in the delivery of internal communications, innovating and driving best practice.
- Optimise existing communication channels and introduce new channels where appropriate to create a framework of clear and effective associate communications across the different audiences and geographies in TJX Europe. Ensure each channel has a defined and clearly communicated purpose.
- Lead on key events in the TJX Europe communications calendar (State of the Company, Mid Year State of the Company, Xmas parties) providing support to senior leaders on involvement, content and approach.
- Plan and manage the internal communications budget
- Lead on the converting strategic activity into messages and activities that are relevant at a departmental and individual level to create a shared purpose that is relevant to the working lives of associates.
- Develop a deep understanding of and ability to articulate the unique TJX culture through communications, events and engagement activities.
- Align external and internal communications to drive brand awareness, leading the thinking on associate advocacy through social channels.
- Identify newsworthy angles from associate initiatives within the business, craft supporting assets and identify opportunities to build reputation through sharing associate activity.
- Oversee and manage the complexities of operating in several languages and cultures, working closely with country communications managers and both in-house and external translation agencies.
- Act as the guardian of TJX Europe tone of voice across all communications, driving consistency of messaging, and best practice in associate engagement through communications.
- Provide clear and effective communications in response to crisis or emergency situations to reassure and guide associates.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on the further development of the internal communications strategy in brand and marketing.
- Keep up to date with best practice internal communications and technologies to align our strategies, channels and content with the market.
- Support new projects by providing specific and timely information to enable the organisation to engage stakeholders and bring about change in an effective manner
- Manage and develop a high performing team who are flexible and resilient; establish the appropriate team structure to deliver effective internal communications throughout the calendar and encourage the flow of talent through the team.
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners to provide the most cost effective and engaging internal communications channels and materials.
- Build a strong network of internal communications contacts both across TJX Europe and globally to ensure thinking is aligned and ideas and assets leveraged. Partner with relevant internal functions (e.g. IT, HR) to deliver consistent communications across the business.
- Contribute to the wider brand and marketing team by collaborating with other managers of teams to leverage ideas, resources, talent and innovation.
- Create concise and accurate reporting to quantify the reach and success of communications. Measure the effectiveness of communications processes and channels to assess whether they are meeting the needs of both senior leadership and associates and develop informed action plans and improvements where necessary.
- Undertake other duties and support on initiatives as requested by the AVP, Reputation and other senior leaders in Brand and Marketing.
KEY SKILLS, BEHAVIOUR & EXPERIENCE
- Proven leadership of high performing teams
- Ability to create and execute a strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organised, comfortable with managing a number of simultaneous projects
- Analytical thinking
- Highly collaborative, a good influencer
- Drive for results, and keen to measure success
- Ability to work at in an energetic, fast paced
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with associates of all levels
- Ability to manage third party solution delivery with both internal and external suppliers
- Readily shares knowledge and expertise with others
- Flexible and resilient
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"