Salary: £28,000 per annum plus benefits
The University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC)
The College is operated in partnership with the University of Nottingham and is located on University Boulevard directly opposite the University Park campus. The University of Nottingham International College welcomed its first students in January 2017 and is growing rapidly. Providing routes for international students to the University of Nottingham, the international college delivers undergraduate foundation programmes and pre-master’s programmes to support students in progressing to the internationally recognised world-class institution ranked in the top 1% of Universities in the world. Our international students are talented ambitious individuals who are mostly studying in the UK for the first time. The College Services team provides administration and welfare support to help students succeed in college and progress to the University of Nottingham.
We are recruiting a Manager of College Services, to manage a team responsible for the administration of the college and for providing information, advice and guidance to students. This vacancy would suit an experienced manager who enjoys working in a dynamic rapidly growing institution with a passion for supporting international students.
• Developing and overseeing the management of the college services team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of non-academic functions including reception duties, welfare support, operations and academic administration.
• Continually improving the college services functions gathering feedback from students and staff and then implementing change.
• Line managing a team and oversee their professional development.
• Ensuring that student timetables, exam results, reports and attendance policies are effectively and efficiently administered.
• Offering advice and guidance to students including students in difficult situations.
• Ensuring strong integration between teams to provide the best possible customer service to students, teachers and stakeholders (agents, sponsors, parents and guardians).
• Managing the college calendar, set priorities and deadlines for the team and ensure that these are met.
• Working to ensure the college is compliant with all UKVI regulations and aligned with relevant QAA Quality Code expectations and indicators of sound practice, with particular reference to visa, under 18 and disability issues.
• Coordinating and assisting in the delivery of induction programmes for new staff members.
• Managing the on boarding process of new staff issuing contracts and using HR systems Hireright and Workday.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of policies related to student experience for use within the College.
• Any other duties as required by the College Senior Management Team.
To succeed in the role you will have:
• Experience of working in UK education, EFL or the international student sector in a managerial role.
• Experience of line managing a team.
• Advanced IT skills including using all Microsoft office products.
• Experience of working with large scale databases.
• Demonstrable experience of supporting students, preferably international students.
• Strong leadership and project management skills, as demonstrated by a proven track record in this area.
• Strong organisational and administrative skills and a high level of attention to detail.
• A knowledge of, interest in and sensitivity to different world cultures.
• A strong and proven commitment to excellent customer service.
• An ability to work in a busy environment and a flexible approach to work.
• A team player ethos.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to a wide audience, including those for whom English is not a first language.
• Professional qualifications in management or customer service.
• Proficiency in a second language.
• Experience of working with students aged 16 to 18.
• A working knowledge of UK Visa and Immigration rules especially compliance and Tier 4 student visa regulations.
• A working knowledge of the process for students to progress to UK universities at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be able to commence employment in April 2018.
Application method: If you meet the requirements of the position and are excited by the opportunity of working in a fast-paced international education environment, please apply using our online application form. You will also be required to submit a CV and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
Closing Date for Applications: 9/3/2018
Kaplan International Pathways offers university preparation in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bristol, Bournemouth and London, allowing international students to progress onto a wide range of degree programmes at these partner institutions. In addition to first-rate teaching and excellent study facilities, KIC programmes offer a high level of personal support as well as access to the facilities and resources of our university partners.
- Higher Education
- International Education
- Student Administration
- Student Welfare