Our client has an exciting opportunity to join them in the position of New Product & Services Development Manager, ideally based within the Midlands area and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
As New Services Development Manager you will conceive and develop new products, taking into consideration the design, commerciality and process for successful delivery of business / professional services.
You will have full responsibility for the end-to-end introduction of new services within the company, working closely with key stakeholders and ensuring new products and services are made available to customers within agreed timeframes.
Where current services are already established you will work with key stakeholders in order to further develop and modernise services.
Established in 1896, our client is a major employer’s organization, focused on the UK Manufacturing sector and providing a range of professional services to its members and clients, alongside their key policy and representation role.
Employing around 400 staff, their services are provided through regional offices around the UK, with key practices focused on Employment Law, HR, Health, Safety & Environment as well as a venues/conference business, Apprentices & Skills Training and Occupational Health capabilities.
Their services are provided to over 4,000 member organisations and hundreds of non-member clients, through a variety of contracting methods including a predominant annual membership subscription model. They work with a broad range of businesses, including world-renowned, blue-chip organisations.
Key Role Objectives:
Our client has high ambitions for its customers and they plan to continuously improve their existing product offering and where necessary refocus / redefine and grow the strategy for this vital portfolio. Objectives need to be designed and implemented to address a number of key areas including:
- Help shape the vision for our future offering, with products that are based on in-depth market awareness and systematic engagement with customer’s future strategies
- Developing new opportunities based on known strategies and programmes; taking into account the pulse of the market, the views of our customers and the business services team to enhance our offerings and increase product value
- Create the economic models to substantiate investment proposals and inform our product pricing strategy.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in new product development; in particular having led a NPD project from scratch ready for launch and ideally with experience of working in professional services organisations
- Demonstrate that you have owned and directed the product management process (competitive analysis, requirements etc.)
- To drive the creation of new intellectual property to support sales, marketing and internal knowledge development efforts
- Experience of building an entrepreneurial, creative, innovative approach to your own consumer facing product or service offering
- Experience of tracking success measures throughout a products lifecycle
- Ability to present recommendations in senior management forums - up to executive board level
- A strong proactive customer service philosophy & stakeholder empathy, with experience of working in a customer-centric environment
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with stakeholders at various levels across delivery teams and the customer base. A collaborative attitude will be essential to the role.
Due to the nature of the position and the structure of the business, travel we be an element of the role, as you will spend time visiting clients and internal stakeholders.
Our client asks that all job applicants share their company-wide commitment to putting the Customer First.
If you are invited to an interview, you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of customer service and to provide examples of having delivered customer service to a high standard.