Our client is a leading Real Estate finance provider offering a number of products to the retail market.
Due to continued growth they are looking for someone to manage an underwriting and operations team based in London, approx headcount of 10, which could grow.
You will be responsible for: -
- Managing/directing underwriting / process activity and priorities through 'hands on’ management and MI. Take clear steps to improve efficiency and processes to enhance client experience without diluting lending quality
- Setting team member individual objectives and reviewing through formal review/appraisal process. Dealing pro-actively with poor performance and absence management
- Auditing of underwritten cases agreed under individual underwriter mandates in accordance with agreed auditing levels. All audits to be fully documented and results fed back to underwriters
- Ensuring full case approval/underwriting takes place according to SLA including lending rationales that are clear without recourse to the underwriter. All exception cases to be clearly recorde
- Establish and maintain a structured training plan for underwriters and support the development of case managers. This includes ensuring underwriters have completed their KYC annual training and fully understand their responsibilities regarding reporting etc
- Produce Management Information pack on underwriting/processing KPIs and related supporting information to the HOC
The ideal candidate will either be doing a similar role at the moment or a senior underwriter in mortgages looking for progression.