• Set up, manage and run client engagements ensuring all Risk Management process and procedure is adhered to and project risks and issues are properly identified, managed and escalated . On large scale engagements this may be a supporting role
• Act as project or work stream lead responsible for shaping the approach to projects, developing work plans, driving execution and delivery of milestones ensuring the right resources are engaged and reporting status against plan
• Providing subject matter expertise on the operational implications of regulatory and accounting change;
• Supporting the design / build / implementation of Target Operating Models;
• Creating and delivering high level presentations, written reports and undertaking analytical exercise;
• Building and maintaining client relationships. Interacting with current and target clients.
• Developing and assisting in the responses to client Requests for Proposals ('RFP’);
• Supporting the design and development of thought leadership papers and new methodologies;
• Contributing to Financial Management knowledge and business development initiatives.
• Performance managing and mentoring team members;
• Working with integrity and honesty;
• Being an active role model for junior colleagues.
• Actively seeking new client opportunities and presenting at client pitches.
Core / Necessary skills & experience:
• Strong Banking industry experience, achieved through Line or change roles or consulting within a large Bank.
• Banking experience may be Retail or Capital Market focused or combination of both as drivers of change in the market place are impacting all Banking business models
• Excellent understanding of Financial Services business model for banking, broking and trading entities, including products and channels, trade life cycle and front to back business process
• Proven track record of successful project implementation with strong Project management toolkit including Status reporting, RAID management Business Requirements, Data Sourcing Analysis
• Accountancy qualification with minimum 3 years post qualified experience or other relevant professional qualification
• Strong people manager with ability to manage teams effectively and also act as insightful performance manager
• Good communicator at all levels with clear thinking and articulation
• Strong analytical, numerical and Microsoft Office skills;
• Flexible to travel.
Additional skills and experience:
• Finance and Risk function target operating model and framework design and implementation experience
• Worked on Finance and Risk transformation programs is desirable, in particular FRTB, Basel 4, MiFID 2, IFRS 9 is desirable
• Good understanding of regulatory landscape impacting Banking sector
• Banking product knowledge and experience of front to back trade flows, business process and controls
• Broad understanding of regulatory capital requirements for banks(IB/Retail)
• Impairment process experience desirable
• Knowledge of finance and risk data and software systems;